I invite you to visit my blog in French HERE Je vous invite à visiter mon blog français ICI My blog in Arabic HERE

30 September 2009

Konafa my way



The challenge recipes of this month are presented to us by my friend Summer from mimicooks.com, she chose a Savory Dish called the Mansaf, the national dish of Jordan : lamb seasoned with aromatic herbs, cooked in yogurt, and served with rice.
The second recipe is Konafa which I chose..
Konafa is a very fine shredded phyllo used to make sweet pastries and desserts. The filling is mainly composed of either crushed nuts mixed with powdered sugar and cinnamon, or of sweetened cream cheese.
I found it very easy to form a cookie of Konafa,using a small cup of coffee. I filled them with cream cheese and mozzarella.
The result was excellent, my husband asked me to make the recipe once again on the same day.
Before watching the video, let me give you some information about Jordan, our country challenge for this month.
Jordan, officially the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, is a country in West Asia. Jordan shares borders with Syria to the north, Iraq to the northeast, Saudi Arabia to the east and south, the Gulf of Aqaba to the southwest, and Israel and the West Bank to the west. It shares control of the Dead Sea with Israel.(source : Wikipedia) /





















17 comments:

  1. I've never had this specialty, sounds really great! I would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quelles délicieuses gourmandises;)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!! j'adore ces petites choses qui friandes.Merci mon amie pour ces gâteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. j'aime beaucoup ce genre de pâtisseries orientales et aux noix, ce doit être excellent, bisoux.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bravo sbah ton idée est superbe
    biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. bonsoir sabah une conafa que j aime tant que que tres riche et calorique je ne refuserais pas un grand morceau sur ma table de foutout de ce jour de chawal merci

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it this way baked in individual rounds.Awesome baking,Sabah:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sabah!!! this is a great way to serve Kunafeh...i have to try it sometime...thanks for sharing your innovative idea! :)
    A+ A job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good evening to you. Thank you indeed for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I am very happy to make your acquaintance and found out about your lovely blog. For sure I will visit you often.
    Mamatkamal

    ReplyDelete
  10. j'adore cette recette, mais ça fait bien longtemps que je l'ai pas mangé car je trouve pas les ktayefs ici.
    merci pour le partage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. C'est le genre de recette qui me fait craquer !
    Bravo Sabah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asalam 3alikom,

    Mashallah u are a very good kichen princess.
    May allah swt reward u for all the delicious recipes that u share with us.

    xxx Amina from hollanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. C'est bien on !! j'aime trop !!! bonne journée et c..

    ReplyDelete